Trip to Amboni Caves - Tanga,Tanzania

It was a lump of a trip. I made a very early preparation. It is one of the important journey, a journey that began at Leena Primary school in Morogoro,Tanzania. This is one of the schools that performs well academically here in Morogoro. Ok, now let me give you a story about my trip.

Amboni Cave -Inside


It is on 16th of July 2013, we travelled in a small bus and headed to Amboni Caves located in Tanga Region in Tanzania. The trip went well, although certain areas were a bit dangerous especially when we arrived at the Ubena area. We were about to get an accident due to sudden overtake of a bus which was infront of us.The bus was travelling to Mbeya region. Although the trip went well, I remember one sad thing. You know what? I saw an accident of a bus called "Simba Mtoto"  but no one was injured or died. Drivers must be careful when driving. 

At last, I arrived in  Tanga at 4:12 pm. I was very tired with severe hunger and all on the bus were tired with the long but good journey. This was my first day to sleep in a hostel. It was a hostel belonging to a religious organization but I have forgotten its name. I slept here for only one day.

 I woke up the next morning(17th July 2013). We wanted  to go to the  Amboni caves which are about 10 kilometers from Tanga city. After waking up, I took my towel, soap and a toothbrush and went to the bathroom for shower. I took a shower and then I went in to  put on my clothes ready for the trip I desired for many years. 

At 8:00 am,we were in the car heading to the caves. When we arrived in the caves, I prepared my video camera and still picture camera. I met with tour guides in the caves. We found other people  who came also to the caves. Tour guides began by telling us about how these caves were formed, and from what year they are there.
Caves
 What happened? .... Let us meet again for the continuation of this wonderful story. I hope after this story you would like to visit the caves!

Comments